Put your diet to the test
Consider yourself a healthy eater? Now, you can take a scientifically validated test to find out for sure.
It's designed to assess the quality of your own diet against Australia's healthy eating guidelines and can help you improve your eating habits based on your results.
The free CSIRO Healthy Diet Score survey includes:
- an individual assessment of your diet
- personalised feedback on how you can improve your diet
- a free report which reveals how your diet compares to others' in Australia and your state, and of the same age and gender.
Complete the survey
The CSIRO Healthy Diet Score survey takes just 10 minutes to complete.
The CSIRO Healthy Diet Score report
More than 200,000 people have completed the CSIRO Healthy Diet Score survey since we launched it in 2015.
We first analysed the results a year-and-a-half later and released the CSIRO Healthy Diet Score report in 2016.
The report saw the average Australian with a score of 59 out of 100, suggesting that many of us should aim to improve our diet for a healthier lifestyle.
What does the CSIRO Healthy Diet Score report say about us?
- Women have better diets than me.
- Older Australians have better diets.
- Our diet quality is similar nationwide.
- Construction workers had the poorest quality diets.
- Our intake of discretionary foods ('junk foods') is too high.